Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine Craft Night {part 1}

Hi y'all! Craft night with the girls was so much fun and at the end of the night (1 am to be exact), we ended up with three different yummy Valentine creations to adorn our space. One of my favorite things to do are these sweet wands. They look so cute in a vintage vase or sundae cup filled with sugar. Although I must warn you that wine + the hot glue gun doesn't mix very well.

Y'all know how much I love coffee filters and after Vicki and Denise dyed some plain white filters in different shades of pinks and tans, our heart shaped wreaths turned out fabulous!




Since we had so many coffee filters and had finished our wreaths, we decided to make the coffee filter garland by stringing them on jute twine. We added some cute Valentine muffin cups in the mix and it turned out great. This was an idea that we got from the very talented Pam Garrison.












I love seeing my craft table filled with piles of coffee filters, ribbon, vintage paper, glue and glitter! It's a crafters delight!



Denise and Vicki working on the heart wreaths. We recommend using a thimble. It became our best friend half way through.


A work in progress...


Vicki moving on to work on her garland



Denise working on her garland as we dyed more filters



Good friends + good food and wine + fun crafts = 1 heck of a good time! Thanks girls...can't wait for part 2!
xoxo,
tia & andrea

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pretties you made. Looks like you gals had a great time.

    Hugs,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that heart wreath... beautiful! I live in Chicago as well, havent met too many people on here who are in this area!
    I just found ur blog through tatertots and jello, I DK how I have missed it all this time, but really glad I found it now... very talented, I really love all the projects and am now going back to read through the rest.

    Thanks,
    Billie

    http://ww.craftingwishlist.blogspot.com
    http://www.queenbbeee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog somehow through Tater Tots & Jello......I love these cute wands and the heart wreath. Tutu cute! Do you have instructions or a link on how to make these. I think these would be great projects for craft night for the older girls group at church. Could you share? Thanks! BTW, you have the most beautiful blog. Love the colors and the graphics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails