Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Up cycled Glittered Christmas Bulbs

So I had an old strand of C7 Christmas lights that didn't work anymore and instead of throwing them away and ending up in a dumpster somewhere, I decided to give them a new life and some BLING! This is so easy to do. My kids even helped!

We brushed glittering glue on each bulb and then poured German glass glitter on them. You could use any glitter but I prefer German glass glitter because of its sparkly factor.

Once they dried, I thought I could put them in a glass vase or a glass cloche but why? That would be expected. So instead, I adorned this vintage stamp holder that my mom gave me. I gave it a quick paint job with my favorite robins egg blue paint from Design Master. I just love how it adds a little touch of unexpected to the Christmas decor.

Bling on!!!
Tia and Andrea








3 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! I have a bag full of these light bulbs... Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Just very simple but I love the look of them :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails